Edge clouds are becoming an important type of computing infrastructure for collecting and processing big data as low-latency and reliable communication technologies such as 5G, and Web of Things (WoT) infrastructures are developed and deployed. Edge clouds are especially useful for efficient and secure data collection and processing for smart cities and smart factories. In edge cloud environments, it is essential to provide Web services for efficiently collecting and processing various types of big data in real-time. In addition, it is necessary to develop a framework for building big data service applications in a reliable and usable manner. The third edition of the BECS workshop aims to provide a venue in which scholars and practitioners can share their experiences and present ongoing work on providing value-added Web services for users by utilizing big data in edge cloud environments.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Web services in edge clouds
- Web of things in edge clouds
- AI in Edge Computing (Edge AI)
- Dependable and highly usable big data platforms
- Distributed data collection, analysis and prediction
- Stream data processing in edge clouds
- Big knowledge graphs for distributed edge cloud environments
- Modeling and mashup of edge cloud services
- Microservice architecture for edge cloud environments
- Edge-cloud interaction and collaboration
Authors are invited to submit full papers (maximum length of 8 pages, including all references and figures) or short/demo papers (maximum length of 6 pages, including all references and figures). Papers should be formatted according to Springer’s formatting guidelines.
All papers should be submitted through the EasyChair platform.
Accepted papers will be included in the post-workshop proceedings to appear in Springer’s CCIS series. A few high quality submissions will be invited to submit an extended version of the paper to a special issue of the Journal of Web Engineering (indexed in SCIE and in Scopus).
For each accepted paper, at least one author must attend the workshop and present the paper. Registration is subject to the terms and conditions of ICWE.
- Paper submission deadline: April 14, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: May 5, 2023
- Conference days: June 6-9, 2023
- Camera-ready: July 9, 2023