The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) is the premier annual conference on Web Engineering and associated technologies. ICWE aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from various disciplines in academia and industry to tackle the emerging challenges in the engineering of Web applications, the problems of its associated technologies, and the impact of those technologies on society and culture.
The track Demos and Posters of ICWE 2022 provides a unique forum for researchers and practitioners alike to showcase demonstrators, present projects, discuss preliminary research results, and obtain feedback from members of the Web Engineering community.
ICWE 2022 sees significant value in demonstrations and aims to provide visibility and a discussion forum for state-of-the-art technical solutions, implementation experiences and recent research activities. The Demos track offers an exciting and highly interactive way of presenting and discussing demonstrators of promising research. It is an excellent way of showcasing prototypes and the applicability of your research. Submissions about open source software and commercial solutions are also welcome. Note that demonstrations should be brief so that they can be shown repeatedly. We particularly encourage demos with which attendees can interact.
The Posters track invites researchers, practitioners, PhD students and others working in any area of Web Engineering, that do not have a demonstration, to submit a poster of their research. We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers from both researchers and practitioners. Like Demos, Poster contributions may address any topic that fits within the ICWE 2022 topics of interest.
Topics of interests (not exhaustively) includes the following:
- Web application modelling and engineering
- Web mining and knowledge extraction
- Web Big Data and Web data analytics
- Mobile Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Social Web applications
- Web crowdsourcing and human computation
- Semantic Web, Web ontologies, and Linked Open Data applications
- Web composition and mashups
- Web user interfaces
- Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
- Web security and privacy
- Web services, computing, and standards
- Microservice architecture for Web applications
- Cloud, fog, and edge computing for Web applications
- Fairness of Web technology
- User Modelling and Recommender Systems based on Web technology
- Explainable Web technology
The submissions to the track Demo and Poster must include:
- A description of the work (up to 4 pages in LNCS format including references) to be included in the proceedings of ICWE 2022. Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use proceedings templates as instructed at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. Submissions should be in PDF format.
- An appendix (in free format) informing what will be demonstrated and how the contributions will be illustrated interactively. For demos, the appendix should include a URL that points to a preliminary version of the demo (e.g., screenshots, videos, or a running system). For posters, it should include a link to download a poster in PDF format, A0 size.
All submissions should go through EasyChair using the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2023
Publication of Accepted Submissions
Camera-ready versions of accepted Demos and Posters submissions will be published in the ICWE 2023 main conference proceedings. At least one author of each accepted submission must register for the conference and present the work during the demos and posters sessions.
The final version of each accepted paper must strictly adhere to the LNCS guidelines (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and must include a printable file of the camera-ready version as well as all required source files (either MS Word or Latex). No changes to the LNCS formatting rules are permitted. Authors of accepted papers must also download and sign a copyright form that will be made available in due time.
- Poster/demos submission deadline:
17th February28th February ,2023 EXTENDED!
- Notification of acceptance: 10th March
- Camera-ready deadline: 3rd April (HARD deadline)
DEMO & POSTER CHAIRS
- Cinzia Cappiello (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Sebastian Heil (Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany)